Indian Food Made Easy by Anjum Anand | Bizarre Book Cafe
Use Google Custom Search to find the best self help books on any topic.

Friday, March 7, 2008

Indian Food Made Easy by Anjum Anand

Book on indian food recipesOne phrase that I find most unpalatable is “food for thought.” I would rather have it well cooked (rather than well brooded upon) and for my gut rather than my brain. I confess I am a die-hard foodie and I love as much to cook as much I love to devour. Since I am too focused on just one aberration, I hope God Almighty forgives me for my oft-repeated sin of gluttony. I adore recipes. I start getting my first whiffs of a dish just sighting down a list of ingredients. I actually live each instruction for cooking in my mind and the final look at the served and donned up dish makes me bolt straight into the kitchen!

I have an entire shelf devoted to recipe books and here is one I recommend to all who like India food. Indian Food Made Easy is written by Anjum Anand, presenter of a show with the same title on BBC. This book is a collection of some of her best recipes rendered in a pretty uncomplicated manner. The ingredients are all accessible - whichever part of the world you are in. The instructions are easy to follow and aided by some stunning (read mouth-watering) pictures.

One thing I must say is that this book lives up to the true essence of Indian food – Taste. Though Anjum tries to please the health-conscious wherever she can (offering healthier alternatives to traditional high-fat ingredients), the recipes underline the basic fact that Indian food is predominantly about tickling-the-taste-buds. This is a must-have to anybody who loves Indian food and is not coy to wield the ladle. You think you would like to take a look? Go here!

You may also find the following two titles interesting...check them out!
book on secret american recipes
secret book of american recipes

No comments: