Need Help With Excessive Blushing? | Bizarre Book Cafe
Use Google Custom Search to find the best self help books on any topic.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Need Help With Excessive Blushing?

Life never ceases to amaze me. It’s just mind-boggling how excess of a normal psychological occurrence can ruin people’s lives. It was quite a shock when I came to know that Excessive Blushing is a widely prevalent condition for which people seek medical help. I read up a little. What I understand is that these are people who suddenly turn beetroot red and soaked in sweat in a public situation. The stimulus can be anything from seeing a familiar face, feeling attracted to someone, fear of embarrassment…anything under the sun! There are different names used for the condition, but most seem to agree with a combination of Flushing and Hyperhidrosis.

The more I read the more nightmarish it seemed. I can only vaguely imagine the discomfort of a person suffering from something like this. Even more alarming was the kind of things people do to get rid of this problem. I read about Hypnosis, Oral Medications, Botox injections, Surgery (ETS and others that cut, burn or block certain nerves or suck out sweat glands from an area), specialized cosmetic products and more…Go here if you wish to know more.

If you know of a person who seems to have this problem, please help him/her to identify this as a known problem and not a personal hell. That person needs assistance. I read further and then I came across this book written by someone who has suffered from excessive blushing himself. The guy has come up with a self-help method to alleviate the symptoms and slowly get rid of the problem without any of the drastic measures I listed above. You think you would like to take a look? Go here!

No comments: